Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Fall Ya'll!!

If you are anything like me you were counting down the days until fall arrives. With the blustering heat this summer, fall could not come fast enough for me. I love everything about fall: football, chili, snuggling up with a blanket, beautiful foliage, and an excuse to drink hot chocolate and pumpkin spice lattes. I started putting pumpkins around our house September 1st. (can you say over eager?) Here are a few of pictures to show my fall spirit.


 Pumpkins make me happy.. love all the different shapes, sizes, and styles. I enjoy them all.

pintrest project.. dryer hose and pumpkin
Moving on the the dining room.. Its probably my favorite spot these days because its one of the only rooms that is complete. Everything in our house is a work in progress. Here is my fall table-scape. 
I wanted it to be interesting from every angle. I used fresh gourds, mason jars, natural elements, mix matched plates, bowls, candles, and candle holders. The table is defiantly busy but I love everything that's happening. Go shopping at home and mix and match what you have in your cabinets and closets. You will be pleasantly surprised with how it turns out.
We have started to have a few cooler fall temps and the leaves are finally changing around our house. Yay!! I have made two new recipes that have involved pumpkin!! I pretend that anything with Pumpkin is semi healthy. I made pumpkin pie fruit dip.. Can you say amazeballs? It was delicious... I would highly recommend it for a easy dessert or party food. 

 Pumpkin Pie Dip
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Servings:
12 Size: 1/2 cup • Old Points: 2 pts Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 102.9 • Fat: 0.1g • Protein: 1.8 g • Carb: 27.7 g • Fiber: 0.9 g


  • 15 oz can pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
  • 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt (I used Chiobani)
  • 8 oz cool whip free
  • cut up apples to dip (extra points)

Mix
pumpkin with brown sugar, vanilla and spices, blend well. Mix in yogurt. Fold in cool whip and chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Makes about 6 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment