Monday, December 31, 2012

A White Christmas

It was been a whirlwind around here. The last couple of weeks are a blur in my mind. We made a mad dash home from St. Louis of Christmas Eve in hopes of beating the winter storm heading our way. Lucky for us we made it just in time. Poor Mister R. drove through the night to make sure we got home safe and sound. I tired to stay awake but.. if you know me at all, you know that I live to sleep especially in the car. We slept in on Christmas morning, exchanged gifts, and enjoyed an old fashion breakfast just the two of us.  It was lovely and everything I had dreamed. Then we quickly got ready for lunch at the in-laws. The winter weather was coming our way quicker than expected. We made it to Hot Springs, visited, ate lunch, exchanged gifts and then headed home. We cut the trip short due to the sleet and freezing rain. On the way out the Village, Mister R and his brother helped a little old lady that had gotten her car stuck. (Very chivalrous men ) We made it home in time to enjoy a nice Christmas movie and nap. By this time the snow had started and did not let up. 













We ended up with 8-12 inches on the ground and losing our power for 4 days. I am a super whiney, after day 2 of no power, I head to my parents home. They were so kind and took me in. Have I mentioned that I have the best parents? Mister R. stayed at the house and held the fort down and practiced his survival skills.  Needless to say we had a very remember-able White Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment