Friday, September 28, 2012

I'll fly away..

I have always loved the hymn "I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away". So when I saw this print on pintrest I thought uumm.. "I could make my own version of that". When I couldn't sleep this evening I got out my supplies and got busy.

 I already had this canvas from an earlier project that went wrong. Most of projects take a couple of attempts before I like them or think of them as praise worthy.
Here is the finished project. I free handed the outline of the bird. The hardest part of the project happened to be the cursive lettering. I mostly print these days so I had to jog my memory on how to make a capital "I" and "F" in cursive.  Side note: Did you know that they are no longer teaching cursive writing in public school? It's a dying art due to technology. Kinda sad if you think about it.


'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away
When I die, hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away

Some bright morning when this life is over, I'll fly away
To a land on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away

When the shadows of this life have gone, I'll fly away
Like a bird from these prison walls I'll fly, I'll fly away
I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away
When I die, hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away

Oh how glad and happy when we meet, I'll fly away
No more cold iron shackles on my feet, I'll fly away

I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away
When I die, hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away

Just a few more weary days and then, I'll fly away
To a land where joy will never end, I'll fly away

I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away
When I die, hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away

No comments:

Post a Comment