Monday, October 29, 2012

Lighting Update

When Mister R. and I purchased our home, I knew that I wanted to replace all the light fixtures. Here is the before lighting in our dining room. Once again 1990's called and the want their brass light fixture back.
My mother graciously offered to let me use this vintage chandelier that had been living in her attic. She had rescued it from being destroyed many years ago. My childhood church had purchased a older home that would be torn down for a church expansion. Pam (my mom) bid/ made a donation to the church in exchanged for 2 chandeliers. Lucky for me that she had stored them all these years and never hung them in her home.
It took some effort to get the beaut hung. I had to replace a few light bulbs, clean off the cob webs, and get rid of the caked on dirt. Most importantly I had to convince Mister R. that I desperately needed him to install this beauty immediately if not sooner. I am patient to an extent but when I have a vision, I want my vision to come to life right then and now. Waiting is not my strong point. 
 
 The vintage chandelier is perfect for our dining room. The crystals provide a softness and airiness that help balance the hard angles of the table. My style is very eclectic; so I really enjoy pairing unexpected items together. Remember that changing lighting is an inexpensive way to make a big impact in any room.  



No comments:

Post a Comment