Thursday, November 22, 2012

Shutters: Before and After

  The other day as I was paroozing Pintrest, I came across this cute idea of using an old shutter as a card/ photo holder. With the start of the Holidays this week and the expected arrival of Christmas cards soon; I knew that I wanted to tackle this project pronto.


Pintrest Inpiration

I had stumbled upon these old shutters a could of weeks ago. They have been living in my garage and looking sad. Here are the before pictures. They are looking old, bleak, and weathered. 


 These shutters were in need of some DIY love and the key to all pretty things - fun cheery paint!! I made one for myself (red) and one for a friend (blue).


 After letting the paint dry, I sanded and distressed them a smidge to add some intrest and to show off their age. The final product turn out super cute, if I do say so myself. The coloring in the pictures below is kinda strange. I am working on my photography skills. As you can tell I have lots to learn.


Yay for another completed project. I am ready for all the Christmas cards coming my way!! I love this time of the year! Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope your holidays are filled with an ample amount of love, laughter, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment