Sunday, December 2, 2012

St. Judes Half Marathon

Friday after work Mister R. and I hopped in the car and headed to Memphis. We met up with my running buddies and had dinner Spaghetti Warehouse. Carb loading is always the fun!! Dinner was filled with fun and laughter. The service and food were sub par in my opinion.


The next morning we were up early! Race day equals big excitement!! A few per-race pictures. Mister R. doesn't run so he kind enough to take my picture. I call him my official photog. 

The weather was unseasonably warm- 70 degrees on December 1st. Crazy weather, no wonder everyone is sick.  I ran with Heather for the first couple of miles. But started feeling yucky around mile 3 with cold chills. I told her to go on without me and ran most of the race by myself. 
Luke spotted me around 3 or 4. The race atmosphere was amazing. People crowed the streets cheering all the runners on. I was touched and moved to tears at times due to the support from St. Jude's patients, their families, and hospital staff. The signs they made were amazing and provided encouragement, expressed their gratitude, and showed their appreciation for all the hard work people that put time and energy to take care of the sick children

Luke was able to capture Jeremy, Kim, and Heather crossing the finish line. He missed Holly and myself. We must have snuck by him!!

Post race photo are the best!! Everyone seemed to struggle a little for some reason or another during the race. No on set a PR. I am so glad to have participated and finished the race. I would definitely recommend this race to everyone. It supports a great cause, has a pretty course, wonderful atmosphere, and is well organized!! 



We walked back to the hotel so I could get clean up, pack, and then grab a bite to eat. We walked downtown to a local burger joint. Just what the doctor ordered. You have to refuel after running for 2 hours of your life.


Luke being a mess. He tries to act like he's not having a good time, in reality I am a ball of fun!! We had a wonderful time honoring and supporting everyone affiliated with the great works of St. Jude's Hospital. We had a great trip!! Hoping to make it an annual event at our house!




No comments:

Post a Comment