Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hot Yoga

Yoga is aimed to unite the mind, the body, and the spirit. Yogis view that the mind and the body are one, and that if it is given the right tools and taken to the right environment, it can find harmony and heal itself. Yoga therefore is considered therapeutic. It helps you become more aware of body posture, alignment and patterns of movement. It makes the body more flexible and helps you relax even in the midst of a stress stricken environment. This is one of the foremost reasons why people want to start practicing yoga - to feel fitter, be more energetic, be happier and peaceful. 



I participated in my first ever Hot Yoga class this morning; it was awesome. I have been attending a yoga class off and on for a bit. But this morning class was completely different. The temperature in our room was about 85-90 degrees.  Sweat was dripping off every inch of my body and my mind was centered and peaceful. It was a great way to start my morning and set the tone for my whole day. I will definitely be going back next week for Hot Yoga.  Encouraging you guys to get out and move your bodies. It's so easy to be a couch potato during the winter months with the short days. Exercising and being active helps improve your mood, memory, and leaning skills. Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment