Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sideboard: Before and After

Do you guys remember this old sideboard I picked up at an auction while I was home for the holidays?



I was anxious to work on this piece because I had the perfect place for it in my entry way. I came home and went straight to work by cleaning it up and sanding.

 Next I mixed a few paint colors and created the perfect shade of green. I wish my grown up job consisted of making magnificent paint colors.. Possible the best job ever... creating beautiful things. I painted the sideboard.
 Then I sanded the surfaces to help show off the beautiful wood and grain. The distressing turn out really well and add the perfect about of character to the piece.
 Great addition to the entry way. I have had several different pieces of furniture here but none of them have made the cut. I was never satisfied with the previous pieces. I am constantly moving furniture around until I love the feel of the space.. But I might have found the winner with this sideboard. Do you spy my other DIY project? We are ready for the Christmas holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment