Sunday, November 18, 2012

What I did this weekend..

I left work on Friday and loaded up June Dog so we could head to Russellville.  Once in Russ-Vegas, I caught up with the fam. We shared a nice carb loading dinner at a local Italian restaurant. 
Saturday morning mom and I got up super early and hit the road. We traveled to Fort Smith, where I ran a half marathon. I have been training for the St. Jude's Half, but stumbled upon this half online and thought "I am trained, I should run this race." I have become really spoiled living in flat land. The hills kicked my booty. I think 85% of the race was up hill or a gradual incline.
But I survived.. Thanks to the cheers from my momma!!  We had the best day. After the race went and had lunch and then started our Christmas shopping! The weather was perfect.


We had a small interruption on the way home. We were pulled over by a kind police officer. I was informed that my tags were expired. My bad.. Going to renew my tags on Monday. (Promise mom)
We made it home safe and sound. We finished the day off with dinner at Taco Villa; my favorite place ever. It's a hole in the wall but a local legend. I highly recommend their baby bean and cheese burritos. Also, the soft drinks are better than Sonic (that's saying a ton). If you are ever in Russvegas do yourself a favor and stop by Taco Villa and try it out!! Holla
Basically, I had a wonderful weekend. It was the perfect mixture of being productive, relaxing, and spending time with loved ones. What did you do this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment